Saturday 27 December 2014

Happy Holidays! or The Importance of Putting Lids on- A Cautionary Tale

Hello , Linzi of MagPie In The Sky here!
I hope you have all had a lovely festive break and some time to relax and enjoyed some gifts and probably (way too much) yummy nosh.
One of my challenges this Christmas was to clear the kitchen table so we could sit and eat there -I like to sit and work there usually as the light is good.  
This year I have 3 furry helpers- now I think they must have known I wanted to clear the table as when I went in kitchen the other morning I was ,Like, UH Oh I can SEE the table- in fact there are clear patches- something untoward has occurred! An avalanche!!

The floor :(
 
OH . NO .

They had knocked SO much stuff onto the floor- all the boxes with no lids on that my OH has been saying for weeks to "put the lids on , then if the cats knock them off they won't spill"
Yeah well- THAT.
 SO many things on the floor all  mixed up - loose beads, jump rings.
 Let this act as a warning to others of a messy/lazy/procrastinating  "I -will-put-lids-on-tomorrow" disposition!   My wrecking crew have well and truly sorted me out.
 Now a huge tidy is in order before I can resume work. Tomorrow!
Sookie- this WAS meant to be my table centrepiece but she would not vacate it!

Mia and Merida up to mischief

Holly -the-Collie 


But- LOOK! My table is clear and all ready to resume work. once the small matter of sorting all my supplies out is done that is !

Happy Holidays to you all !
Love Linzi

4 comments:

  1. Great post. You made me giggle this morning like a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hope to Blog MUCH more often from now on!

      Delete
  2. Wow you really got it polished up, Linzi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I found a table underneath all that mess !

      Delete